Thursday 30 June 2016

Birthday Fiesta by Stampin' Up!


More lama for you today. I'm just loving playing with this stamp set, and it just so happens to be this week's What Will You Stamp featured set for challenge #70
I had card 3 using this set on my Facebook page yesterday, and here's card 4 from this week's featured stamp set...



This time the background is using the embossing folder Seaside which is from the By The Shore product suite. I cut a 9.5 cm x 13.8 cm piece of Whisper White and embossed it. The Crushed Curry layer is 10 cm x 14.3 cm.

I cut the Crushed Curry paper from the Festive Birthday DSP to 9.5 cm x 5 cm, and the multi patterned paper is 2 pieces 9.5 cm x 2.5 cm. I love the banner & streamer dies in this set, the Tempting Turquoise is cut using one of those.

For the scalloped circle, I placed the die over the card and pricked with my Paper Piercer tool before cutting the circle out. If you cut it first the card folds in as you're piercing. The scalloped circle and Whisper White circle are both cut using the Layering Circles Framelits.


I'm just loving playing with these stamps, dies & the papers. I can't wait to get the embossing folder and play some more!


3 comments:

  1. Nice card!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the llama's blanket and the way you've used the streamers to break up the DSP. Great colors too! Thanks for playing with us over at What Will You Stamp this week!
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colours, beautiful card Helen. thanks for playing along with us this week at WWYS

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments so have moderation turned on to not miss any. Thanks for taking the time to comment!