Tuesday 28 June 2016

Birthday Fiesta Bold & Bright Birthday Card


How cute is this lama? I love him, such a cheeky face fits in perfectly on a cute, bright card!
When I saw the Fiesta Birthday product suite I had to have it all! I wasn't sure how much I'd use it, but I was in love and needed the cute stamps, fab coordinating Framelits and super vibrant papers.

So, today's mission was to create 4 cards using this stamp set, to justify buying it, and to show you it's a must have! I've decided I'm going to go through the catalogue and feature a stamp set weekly, in the order they appear in, making 5 cards or projects with that set. This is the first (after the all inclusive kits). Card one for Birthday Fiesta is on my Facebook page here

I was looking for inspiration for a card and stumbled across June Sassy Sketcharinos sketch and thought I'd give it a go.


I've used a Melon Mambo 14.3 cm x 10cm mat on to an A6 tent fold Extra Thick Whisper White card base. The Festive Birthday DSP is cut to 13.8 cm x 9.5 cm. 

I cut a 5cm strip of Tempting Turquoise card, about 14 cm long and embossed it with the Sparkle embossing folder. I hadn't realised I'd missed the Festive embossing folder off the order (it's on my next one). When I first discovered Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise was my favourite colour, and I used it all the time. I couldn't honestly tell you when I last used this colour, I'd forgotten how much I loved it!

The embossed strip of Tempting Turquoise was then punched at each end with the Ornate tag topper punch, then cut in to two pieces, the bottom one is slightly smaller than the top as I didn't cut it in half... on purpose, honest!

I stamped the lama and cut him using the Fiesta Time Framelits, he's coloured in using Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Marker. The blanket design is another stamp.

I've finished with a piece of Melon Mambo Stitched Ribbon, "tying" the 2 tags together and a strip of Whisper White about 2 cm wide, with the sentiment stamped in Crushed Curry and a strip of Melon Mambo about 2.5 cm wide, both cut using the Triple Banner punch and cut so the end is flush.

It's my nephew's 15th birthday today, so I think my next card will need to have a little less pink!

That's all for today, your shopping list is below if you'd like to recreate this card.



-------------------------------------------------------

Join My Team


Is your wish list from the new catalogue just most of the new catalogue? Yes? Well why not get yourself the Ultimate Stampin' Up! Bundle!!

What's the Ultimate Bundle? Well that's the starter kit, where you choose £130 of Stampin' Up! product for just £99 (with no p&p so a further saving of £4,.95). What's even better is that in June you also get to choose 2 extra stamp sets for FREE, which means up to another £92 (depending on the sets you choose) in value!

Anyone worried about having to sell, you don't have to! Yes you can if you want to, and earn some extra £s, but if you just want the great starter kit deal, or the kit and the 20%-25% off purchases whilst your an active demonstrator then that is OK too! You don't have to give your starter kit back!

What's more, as part of my team you will also receive this little tin of lovely from me. It's a swatch tin of all the current card and upcoming In Colors, so you'll never get your Daffodil Delight mixed up with your Crushed Curry  again!

You'll have access to my exclusive team Facebook group "Dingy's Blingies", with challenges, support and just some good old fashioned friendly chat!

There's team get togethers too, where we craft with each others stamps, dies & punches, so you don't have to own everything if you don't want to.

Have any questions just email me

Want to take the plunge? Then go here, and order your starter kit. You can use my online shop or the catalogue (if you have one) to help you choose what you'd like to order.

Host a party


A Stampin' Up! party is a creative event you host at your home, where you invite your friends to enjoy an evening of creativity and stamping-all provided by me, your Stampin' Up! demonstrator! When you host a party, you'll see new project ideas, learn different techniques, make a project, and have fun with people you enjoy-plus earn free products based on your party's sales. Get your own party started by emailing me for more information and to discuss the dates I'm available.

Come Stamp With Me


I run a monthly card class, monthly craft club and a bi-monthly one day stamping retreat. Check out the next dates here.



1 comment:

  1. So pleased you 'stumbled' across us Helen and thanks for joining in this months challenge. Great card and good to see you creating with something from SU. This is the first design I have seen using this set. Hope you will continue to join us.
    Christine
    Sassy Sketcharinos DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your comments so have moderation turned on to not miss any. Thanks for taking the time to comment!