Sunday 12 June 2016

Baby Bear from Stampin' Up!


This is quite possibly the most anticipated stamp set (well one of the 2) from the 2016-2017 annual catalogue. When Stampin' Up! demos around the world first saw Baby Bear there was a collective "ahhh", I'm surprised that it wasn't heard outside of OnStage!


We then got the pre-order list and it wasn't on it, so we spent weeks playing with other gorgeous sets, waiting for the same day all other SU fans around the world waited for, 1st July and catalogue release day!

I finally got the chance to play yesterday, and stamped out 5 of these cute bears. I made one card up (you can see it on my Facebook page).


Then last night I made this card. 

My sister-in-law, Rebecca was taking about scrapbooking trends the other day, and fringing around shapes is really big at the moment. This reminded me of the ignored fringe scissors, so I thought I'd get them out and dust them off!

This card started with a strip of Pink Pirouette which I'd used my fringing scissors on. It kinda grew from there, with DSP from the Subtles stack, a flower from the Blossoms Bunch punch...


and the sentiment stamped and punched out using the new Duet Banner punch. I put the block over the picture on the punch and curved the sentiment to fit. As it's quite a thick sentiment I had to be quick, as it kept springing back into shape!

I love this card, and just need someone to have a baby girl now so I can give it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so have moderation turned on to not miss any. Thanks for taking the time to comment!