Friday 27 May 2016

Pop of Pink from Stampin' Up!


At each event that Stampin' Up! demonstrators get to attend there are always gorgeous display boards with lots of lovingly made projects using some of the products being revealed at that event. Well, November's OnStage Local is no different.
For a chance to be a display stamper, Stampin' Up! have asked those who want to a chance to take part to collect or create our best work and pop them all in one blog post or Pinterest board, so this post will be my entry.

I will do more detailed posts on each project over the coming weeks, along with video tutorials for some of them, but for now here's my 6 projects which are all using the new Pop of Pink DSP & washi.

Three Card Fronts:


For my first card I've cut in to the precious sheet of gold foiled Speciality DSP! The flowers & sentiment are from Helping Me Grow. I heat embossed the flowers and masked them off to stamp the sentiment in the background. I'll be doing a video on another take of this card in June.


My second card uses the Pop of Pink washi tape & Melon Mambo thick bakers twine. I thought it was looking a like something was missing, so I added the wiggly lines around the edge using my Project Life Journalling Pens. The sentiment is from the stamp set Painters Palette. 


My final card is using some more of the foiled Speciality DSP from Pop of Pink, this time with Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set and a few gold sequins.

Two 3D items:


My 1st 3D project is a slider easel card. You pull the tab at the front and a flat card stands up. I used Love You Lots hostess stamp set, the sentiments and frame are from Thoughtful Banners and I also used the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits for this project.






My second 3D project is a little box and "belly band" I made using the Gift Bag Punch Board.

I just used the "Small" score line to make this box square, then punched & scored the horizontal along both the top and bottom to make a box instead of a bag.

The flower on top is a really old technique that I've not done for years. It's 8 2" circles, dampened, scrunched up and arranged together. I kept up my heat embossing/gold theme by swiping some VersaMark ink on the end of each "petal" and pouring the embossing powder on.

I finished the card with a sentiment from  Thankful Thoughts stamp set.

I'll have a tutorial in June for this one too.

One Scrapbook Page:


For this page I've  heat embossed the background using Gorgeous Grunge and gold embossing powder. The title, stamped using the Flower Patch stamp set, is also heat embossed on vellum, and I've used the tiny hearts from one of the border strips in the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits set to resemble brads, hiding my adhesive for the velum underneath.

So that's it, my 6 projects to be considered for being a display stamper at OnStage in November. I've loved making these, it's really helped me over the last couple of days with not being at my best at the minute.

Thanks for stopping by....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments so have moderation turned on to not miss any. Thanks for taking the time to comment!