Thursday 5 May 2016

Botanical Blooms from Stampin' Up!


It's that really exciting time of year when Stampin' Up! demonstrators get to see, and order some of the new products from the upcoming annual catalogue. Part of the excitement though is tempered by learning what's retiring and then the relief that those stamps or dies that you just haven't used enough are staying! That's the case for me with the Botanical Blooms stamps & Botanical Builder dies!
We are though saying goodbye to the Botanical Gardens DSP, coordinating card pack & washi tape, along with the bundle where you save 15% getting the stamps, dies & paper pack together.

So I thought I'd make a card today that shows off some of the retiring products, along with some which are staying.


  • I've used a tent fold card base, made from half a sheet of Extra Thick Whisper White card.
  • I mounted a 10 cm x 14.3 cm piece of Crushed Curry card using Dimensionals onto the card base.
  • I cut a piece of the Botanical Gardens DSP just 1 cm smaller than the Crushed Curry card and stuck that down with Multipurpose Adhesive.
  • I cut 2 banners, 2 x 1" wide and 1 x 1 1/2" wide, measuring 8 cm, 5cm & 7 cm long, and stuck them about 1/3 from the top of the card with Multipurpose Adhesive.
  • I've use 3 strips of the washi tape, leaving a gap between the bottom and middle ones for the Burlap Ribbon, making sure they were still close enough for the ribbon to over lap.
  • I cut the Burlap Ribbon to size and then frayed all 4 edges, before sticking with Fast Fuse  over the washi. I applied to the Fast Fuse to the DSP not the ribbon.
  • I used the Botanical Builder dies to cut various flowers from Crushed Curry & Cajun Craze card, and leaves from Mossy Meadow card.
  • I layered the leaves and flowers up, sticking down to the ribbon with Glue Dots.
  • I've finished the flowers with Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
Let me know what you think about the card, and tell me what sets you're glad are not on the retiring list!

1 comment:

I love to read all your comments so have moderation turned on to not miss any. Thanks for taking the time to comment!